What is a Roof Plumber?
Roof Plumbers work in the general Construction Industry installing, maintaining and repairing metal roofs, guttering and downpipes as well as rainwater collection systems on residential, commercial and industrial premises. Roof plumbers use a wide variety of tools and equipment.
Examples of tasks and duties:
- Read plans and specifications to determine layout for plumbing systems
- Calculate and order materials
- Repair and install down pipes
- Install and water proofing metal roofing sheets, gutters and downpipes
- Cut sheeting to fit roof shapes and sizes
- Install and seal skylights
- Install stormwater and drainage systems
How do I get into this trade?
Solid results in Year 10 English and Maths are essential to be considered for a school-based Apprenticeship in Plumbing. In addition, individuals focused on entering this trade will undertake a Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate II in Plumbing. Post-school, it is recommended to complete the Pre-Apprenticeship course if you have no experience in this area.
What does your career prospect look like?
Completing a Roof Plumbing Apprenticeship can lead to career opportunities such as a Business Operator or even a Builder with further studies.